Pobeda with straight 6 and V8

Hi!
I found once on the net a Pobeda M20 with a V8 in use ( i dont know if it was registered). Now i cant find the place anymore.

No i wonder:
Does anyone know if Pobeda M20 ever was built with 6 or 8 cylinders?

I plan to put a 6 or 8 cylinder in my own, but i have to found another one first built or registered for getting it registered. I have all original parts for one car. See pictures.

No i wonder:
Does anyone know if Pobeda M20 ever was built with 6 or 8 cylinders?
Please,, a link or other kind of info...

[Pilt: bil2_i_nasslor.JPG]
[Pilt: bil2_bak_in.JPG]

Vasta

The Secret Service in Soviet Union - KGB had straight 6 engines. More on that could be found:

http://gaz20.spb.ru/modif_exotic_m26.htm

[Pilt: m26_engine.gif]

6 cilinder

[Pilt: m20d_engine.gif]

Regular 4 cilinder
Vasta

Yes! Thanks a lot!
Vasta

The first Pobedas planned to build with a 6-cylinder engine, similar to the GAZ-51 engine which originated on the late 1920\'s Dodge D5 R6 engine.

Although when the test cars in 1944 were demonstrated to the Soviet leader Stalin he said that R6-engines is too fuel-wastable and ordered to changed it to the more economic one. After it the constructors worked out the 4-cylinder engine simple by the withdrawing 2 \"redundant\" cylinders to get an R4 engine. Therefore a lot of parts of R4 Pobeda engines (pistons, valves etc) are interchangeable with the R6 GAZ-51 engine (GAZ-51 was one of the leader trucks in USSR between 1940s and 70s made more than 3 million items).

The few (only 2 or 3 items) test-R6-Pobedas were not preserved.

The R6-Pobeda born again in 1950s, when they were made for the KGB (Secret Service in USSR). The engine was similar to the ZIM (and therefore GAZ-51) R6 engine. Althogh these R6-Pobedas was made only a few units and no one has preserved up to this time. Therefore, almost all of more than 230,000 Pobedas were equipped by the R4 engine.

Conclusion. If you wish to assemble to your Pobeda R6 (ZIM or GAZ-51) engine, it is possible, but you have to change the shape and placement of the radiator. Assembling of R8 engine is quite problematic because of the limited lenght. Assembling of V8 engine is also problematic or difficult - the space for the engine is quite narrow because of high-profile 16-inch wheels which \"wasting\" a lot of the width of the car.

Valdo

Eesti Jalgrattamuuseumi  looja ja eestvedaja
Tutvustame jalgratta ajalugu Eesti vaates, väljas on üle 170 muuseumiväärtusega ratta
Asume Kesk-Eestis Väätsal Pikk 9.
Vasta

and how is it about the \"Sport\"?:
http://gaz20.spb.ru/modif_sport.htm
(sorry I can\'t read the text)
for sure the have tuned the motor also, can someone explain, what exactly was done?
Vasta

Gobi Kirjutas:and how is it about the \"Sport\"?:
http://gaz20.spb.ru/modif_sport.htm
(sorry I can\'t read the text)
for sure the have tuned the motor also, can someone explain, what exactly was done?

They built almost the new cars using the ordinary cars (details of ordinary cars) as a raw material. Also the engine was built from the beginning almoist the new with the modifying all essential details.

The total amount of \"real\" sport-Pobedas was no more than few dozens. All cars were unique and made especially by hand-made technology.

Valdo

Eesti Jalgrattamuuseumi  looja ja eestvedaja
Tutvustame jalgratta ajalugu Eesti vaates, väljas on üle 170 muuseumiväärtusega ratta
Asume Kesk-Eestis Väätsal Pikk 9.
Vasta

How about this link, Gobi?
http://www.translate.ru/url/tran_url.asp..._sport.htm
Does it work?
Vasta

in the moment the page seems to be down.
But this translation tools nerver verry work well- you just get nonsens..... :-(

it\'s really terrible- on the one hand there is this great done M20 Page- but I can\'t read NOTHING of it ........
(missing the \"cry\" smily)
Vasta

Ah, ok- it works now! Well, it\'s not toooo bad- I will guess, what I read there!Big Grin
Vasta

Kasutaja, kes vaatavad seda teemat: 1 külali(st)ne