Oils Jupiter 2

Hello everyone. Again I need your help.
Anybody know how much and what type of oil is in the gearbox and front suspension forks the izh jupiter 2?
Also looking for a hubcap of the sidecar wheel
Vasta

Its Russian gearbox which eats any mineral oil you can find in stores. I suggest to use thicker transmission oil if you are living in very warm climate (also less leaking out if hot) otherwise regular mineral engine oil. If oil is too thick or if you use motorcycle engine oil, you will start having clutch problems. Quantity ~700ml. Screw off cover on clutch side of the engine which has 2 bolts. There should be oil-level indicator attached to it or somewhere under it (as one of my jupiter-owning friends told me).

front forks should work fine with regular fork oil, quantity for each fork 150-200ml. If seals are leaking you may pour in more,

Maasturite hankimist Ukraina sõjaväele ja nende remonti meie Põhja-Tallinna töökojas saad toetada läbi Toeta Ukrainat MTÜ a/a EE387700771008885941. Selgitusse maastur Ukraina sõjaväele.
Vasta

Front suspension fluid can be made by mixing mineral engine oil with kerosene until desired thickness is aquired.

Another (and IMHO better) option us to use Automatic Transmissoin Fluid (ATF), it is more stable and does not evaporate in hot climate.

PS. make sure that you pour some oil in the midsection of the crankshaft (there should be a special plug somewhere). I once ruined a brand new Jupiter 5's crankshaft bearings because I wasn't aware of it.

Good luck !
Vasta

Forks should be 175 ml each.
Vasta

As the name says, ATF is not a lubricant, it's a hydraulic fluid.
ATF meets GL-2 or GL-3 only. It will have a viscosity of 8 ct at 100 degrees C, but any modern 80 weight gear oil will meet GL-4 or GL-5 and has at least 14 ct.
Vasta

(26-01-2010, 13:28 PM)argo1974 Kirjutas:  As the name says, ATF is not a lubricant, it's a hydraulic fluid.
Yes, but it also lubricates bearings inside automatic transmission doesn't it ? And hydraulic fluid should be OK for hydraulic suspension ?

Tsitaat:ATF meets GL-2 or GL-3 only. It will have a viscosity of 8 ct at 100 degrees C, but any modern 80 weight gear oil will meet GL-4 or GL-5 and has at least 14 ct.

Gearbox oil is way too thick for front forks, special fork oils usually have 5 to 15 weight .
Vasta

Sry for mismatch, I mentioned do NOT use ATF in the transmission as this is very common in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Some pics of damages caused by ATF, engine mileage below 5000:
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/bfqr-w-jpg.html
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/bfqr-x-jpg.html
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/bfqr-y-jpg.html
Vasta

Gracias a todos. No me ha quedado claro por donde se echa el aceite de la caja de cambios. Yo pensaba que era por el lado izquierdo en la tapa que tiene una flecha mirando hacia arriba.
¿ Es así ?
Sorry, No Spanish

Thank you all. Not clear to me where gets the oil from the gearbox. I thought it was on the left side at the top that has an arrow pointing up.
Are you?

Manustatud failid Pisipilt (pisipildid)

Vasta

(02-02-2010, 00:58 AM)alesato Kirjutas:  Gracias a todos. No me ha quedado claro por donde se echa el aceite de la caja de cambios. Yo pensaba que era por el lado izquierdo en la tapa que tiene una flecha mirando hacia arriba.
¿ Es así ?
Sorry, No Spanish

Thank you all. Not clear to me where gets the oil from the gearbox. I thought it was on the left side at the top that has an arrow pointing up.
Are you?

Yes, this is correct!

Alustatud töö tuleb lõpuni viia.
Vasta

Kasutaja, kes vaatavad seda teemat: 1 külali(st)ne